Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Three-quarters of a century

Grandpa Johns celebrated his 75th birthday.  Grandma was laid up after shoulder surgery so Robyn and Devyn made a surprise visit for his birthday.


Lemon meringue pie--his favorite




































Grandma (who LOVES to celebrate birthdays and celebrates hers for an entire month):  I'm so glad you came!  I couldn't do anything for his birthday and I felt so bad about it.
Grandpa:  Well don't feel too bad because this year, I'M going to celebrate for two months!

Later
Grandma (lifting her bangs to show burns on her temples):  Look what Grandpa did to me trying to curl my hair.
Robyn:  Dad!! You burned a disabled person?  How could you?
Grandpa:  Now, Judy.  Tell the truth.
Grandma (sheepishly):  Well, I actually did it trying to curl my hair one handed.  It's harder than it looks, you know.  I had to call him in to fix the mess I'd made.
Grandpa looks satisfied with the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment