Thursday, October 30, 2014
College is like riding a bike...
Another email from a stressed-out college daughter.
Stressed out daughter: As seen on twitter: College is easy. It's like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire, and you're on fire and everything's on fire, and you're in H--- (leaving off the rest of the letters is for Aimee who cannot even say that word while reading scriptures.)
Thank you so much for being willing to look over this nightmare for me! I don't know what I'd do without you and your mad editing skills. Contrary to what I have been brainwashed to believe, college is not for everyone. Hopefully, I belong to that 0.002% who become rich and famous without doing anything at all, because, my dear mother, I have reached the edge of my string, the end of my rope, the bottom of the barrel. I do believe college is squishing me like a bug. However, I have never been one to give up, so I will stick it out until the end of the week. Thanks again for everything. You are the electron to my wave, the bat to my cave. You are the cheek to my bum, the nail to my thumb. The socks to my feet, the candy to my sweet. The scar to my leg, the chicken to my egg.
Love,
Your stressed out daugher
Robyn
Hang in there sweetie. It could be worse. You could actually be on fire! (to herself): I hope she makes it through finals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment