Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Email from a college daughter

Yesterday Robyn received this email.

College Daughter:  Mom,

This is quite possibly the worst paper I've ever written.  I started it on Saturday and couldn't get it to flow.  It is due tomorrow and I still can't get it to flow.  (A situation that is not helped by the cold that I seem to be catching from my roommates.)  You, you are my last hope.  You are the Sam to my Frodo.  You are Superman to my poor civilian.  I don't know where else to turn...(Okay, I do, but I don't think that He can edit my paper for me).


I would just like to remind you that I will be caring for you in your old age to try and pay back a tiny bit of what you have done for me.  So when I'm changing your diapers I will remember how you read and edited this crappy paper.


I love you and miss you,


Your congested, sneezy, desperate daughter who doesn't like college one bit right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment