Sunday, October 6, 2013

Post General Conference conversations (which have very little to do with Conference)

Aimee has a tendancy to talk a lot during General Conference--most of it is relevant to what she is watching, but sometimes the rest of us miss what is being said.

Aimee starts to say something --again.

Rod (for the 12th time):  Shhhh.

Aimee:  Dad, I am so tired of your SHHHH....

Later

Grace:  Nate, Move!  I'm trying to do something awesome!

After General Conference.   Side note: No one was sent to their room this time. That's progress.

Nate: Mom, what are you making?

Robyn: Rolls.

Nate: Oh? What's for dinner?

Robyn: I'm not sure. I just made rolls. I haven't figured out the rest yet.

Aimee (sees a Del Taco coupon on the bulletin board): Why don't we go to Del Taco?

Nate (in a shocked voice): Then we might as well just go get a couple of beers on the way home and never go to church again.


On a drive up the canyon to see the Fall colors, we are listening to a classical music station on the radio. 

Bronte:  I like this music.

Maddie: It sounds sad.

Aimee:  It makes me feel elated.

Everyone else:  What?

Aimee (further expounding):  You know what "elated" means: I feel like I'm floating away on a cloud.


A few minutes later

Grace:  Are we going to look at the colors on the mountain in front of us?

Aimee (sarcastically):  No.  We're going to the mountain BEHIND us.  We're just taking the long way.


From the back of the car.

Aimee:  Is that Eagle Mountain we just passed?

Rod:  Eagle Mountain?  That's clear on the other side of the lake.  We just passed Squaw Peak.

Aimee: Oh, I think I get Eagle Mountain and Squaw Peak mixed up.

Bronte:  Really? Why?

Aimee:  Because eagles say "squaw" and mountains are also peaks.

No one else actually gets this logic.



No comments:

Post a Comment