Monday, April 15, 2013

Don't embarrass us, Mom!

Yesterday, Robyn was going to speak at  Young Womanhood Recognition night.

Right before her talk

Aimee (looking at Robyn's notes which were only half page long):  Mom, that is going to be a LONG talk.  I thought you said you were only speaking for 5 minutes.

Robyn (somewhat baffled):  I am only speaking for 5 minutes. . .or less even.

Maddie (looking at the notes):  Good.  No one wants a long talk here tonight.

Aimee: (holding up the paper and pointing):  It may look like only half a page but LOOK.  These are BULLETS!  THAT means that she will expound upon these things and it will end up being 3 times as long as it is now.

Maddie:  Oh.

A minute later

Aimee:  You know, Mom, nobody remembers what is said at these things (pause) unless it's wacky or weird.

Robyn: Thanks for that.

Another minute later

Aimee:  I'm nervous.  I don't think I'll be calm again until you're done speaking, Mom.

Right before Robyn goes up to speak

Aimee:  Don't embarrass us.

After Robyn sits down (less than 5 minutes later)

Maddie:  Fist bump, Mom.  That was good.

Aimee:  Yeah.

Robyn (to herself)  Rare praise indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment