Saturday, April 4, 2009

From the past

Coming home from the store, Nate was mad that Mom didn't stop for McDonalds.

Nate: (age 5): I don't like you, Gracie! Humph.
Grace (age 2): I don't like you, Nate! Humph.
Nate: You're rude, Gracie. Humph.
Grace: You're rude, Nate. Humph.
Nate: You're mean, Gracie. Humph.
Grace: You're mean, Nate. Humph.

Mom: I'm tired of this kind of talk. You each have to say four nice things about each other. Nate, you're older. You start.

Nate: Grace is cute. She is beautiful. She is nice. She is very, very, very nice. There I said four nice things. Now it's your turn Gracie.
Grace: Nate is cute.
Nate: I'm not cute! I'm handsome.
Grace: Nate is handsome. Nate is five. Nate is NOT stupid. Nate passed gas.
Nate: Hey! That's not nice!!
Grace: Ok. Nate is my big brother.
Nate: That's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment