Aimee (sharing her law school knowledge with the family): Just so everyone knows, you do not have to answer any questions police ask you, they don't have to tell you that though so they often get things out of people by way of consent because people don't realize they can say no! But you can say "no" many times and the police have to respect that. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. But like if you did do a traffic violation you obviously have to comply. This is just if they ask to search your stuff or ask you more questions beyond your license and registration.
Maddie: So if I get pulled over, I just say "I'm not saying a single word. My sister said I don't have to."
Nate: The officer says "Nice day, isn't it?" I say "My sister says I don't have to answer any questions."
Aimee: PLEASE don't do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment