Aimee: Next year for my birthday, I just want to be able to make controversial statements all day and have them validated.
![]() |
| Grace looked all over the bookstore for just the right classic to add to Aimee's collection. |
Nate (giving Aimee his gift): I spared no expense.
Aimee (to the others in the room): Yea, I heard him say to Maddie, 'What? You went to Wal-mart? I told you to go to the Dollar store!'
![]() |
| Nate's card to Aimee |
Dearest Aimee,
Thy name art like a flower. Thou art a fair maiden who is very wise. I being your brother wish thee a very Happy Birthday and may thee wax old in years and may your seed prosper.
Love in the highest,
Nathaniel Campbell the third and heir to the Welsh Throne
Maddie (excitedly): Now, mine. I hope you like it--even if you don't like it, pretend you do.
Aimee: Maddie! This is so awesome! I love it! I can't believe you went to all this trouble. Thank you!
A few of the quotes:
Sam,(a college student, friend to Maddie): INDEPENDENCE!! LET FREEDOM RING BUT SERIOUSLY, BEING ON YOUR OWN IS TERRIFYINGLY LIBERATING. YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE WHAT AND WHO YOU WANT TO BECOME.
Aunt Devyn: If you want to eat cookies or ice cream for breakfast, you can. Or eat cereal for dinner! Nobody forces you to wear a jacket, hat and gloves. You can stay up as late as you want to. You can say 'because I said so' and get away with it. You don't have to make your bed if you don't want to!
Cynthia, Family Friend: You can order in a restaurant now and the servers treat you better because they know you can pay and leave a tip. This actually gets better and better the older you get. And your clothes and shoes last forever. No more growing out of your clothes (Well for height anyway).
Aunt Jill: A good thing about 18, is your parents can't see your grades unless you let them...Now you can say, "Back when I was in high school.."...You can change your name! You can be Iheartthewindwhisperwhenitblows, or 8, or Betty Sue. Oh the possibilities!
Allison, Family Friend: COLLEGE. So much better than high school. I mean SO MUCH BETTER. Really. Don't listen to your sister, it is TOTALLY BETTER than high school. In college you actually occasionally have teachers who are smarter than you.
Laurel, another college student (Maddie's former roommate and well-loved by the family ;): You don't have to be the person that others want you to be.
Andrea,(college student and highly favored cousin): Favorite part about being an adult? When I buy a rain jacket, it's a big deal.
Robyn (Mom): The thing I loved about being a young adult is that you are the captain of your own ship. You don't have to worry about taking care of anyone but yourself. For a while, it's simply lovely.
Rod (Dad): No curfew. No bedtime. Get to vote.
Robyn (to herself): Wait! When did THIS happen?!? What am I going to do with all three of them in college? I don't think I'm ready for this!




No comments:
Post a Comment