Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Perspective

Robyn is sitting in a chair trying to calm down when Aimee and Maddie get home from school.

Aimee:  Mom, are you ok?

Robyn:  No.  I am trying to recover from my trip to Wal-mart.

Maddie (unaware that she is about to unleash a tirade):  What happened?

Robyn (getting started):  I had to wait in line for a VERY long time!!!

Aimee:  Why?

Robyn (begining to roll):  I was behind one of those professional couponers--actually I was 3 people behind her and I didn't even move for at least 15 minutes.  I had to call your father to distract myself because I was getting ready to cry.  ALL of the lines had people doing coupons!  It was like it was national coupon day and every couponer in  the city came to Wal-mart at the same time!! Finally, I went to another line and still beat the person who was ahead of me in the original line--I even called over the man who had been behind me and He was done before her too. It was ridiculous!!   (taking a breath but fully engaged now)  Do you know what I think?

Maddie (not sure she wants to go there, but has no choice apparently):  What?

Robyn:  I think those couponers should have their OWN line and they should have to wait for each other so THEY can experience standing in line FOREVER!!!

Maddie (unsympathetic and somewhat snarky):  "Hashtag" first world problems, Mom.  (translates to:  "Get some perspective, Mom.")


No comments:

Post a Comment