Friday, September 13, 2013

Rod's birthday

A week before Rod's birthday.
 
Robyn to Rod: Did you take the day off next week for your birthday like I asked?  I have some plans.
 
Rod:  What if I want to go into work on my birthday?
 
Nate:  Dad, do you mean to say that you DON'T want to take off work to spend time alone with your WIFE?
 
Rod:  I already got the day off.
 
Robyn's plans included hiking, going out to lunch and going to the temple.
 
For Rod's birthday, the kids decorated the house...
 


















He got a card from Robyn that talked about all of the things she loves about him.  He read it out loud a little embarrassed by some of it.  ". . .best friend, charming smile, genuine, naughty (in a nice way), funny, cheerful, smoochable, good listener, gorgeous eyes, thoughtful, hardworker, sexy voice . . .


. . .undertanding, nice butt. . .

Aimee:  Nice but what?

Grace (with an eyeroll):  It means he HAS a nice butt.


We couldn't find the number 8 so Aimee improvised.

At the end of the day...

Rod:  Thank you so much!  I had a "phenomenal" day.  The best part was all of the nice things the kids said about me.  THAT was a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment