Friday, August 30, 2013

Who's the favorite?

The other day on a Sunday night.  The family was sitting around talking.

Aimee:  Mom, what was it like when you saw your babies for the first time?

Robyn:  I fell instantly in love with all of you especially when they put you in my arms for the first time. Unfortunately for Bronte and Grace, my c-section babies,  I didn't get to hold you for a while.  Dad held you first.

Aimee (goading):  So you don't love them as much as the rest of us?

Robyn:  That is NOT what I said or meant!

Aimee:  Well, I have proof that you love Nate the best.

Robyn:  Oh?

Aimee:  Yeah, he has the most letters in his name.  One night when I couldn't sleep, I counted all of the letters in everyone's names.  Nate has 24 letters in his name so you love him the most.  I have the least number of letters in MY name--only 19; therefore, you love ME the least.

Robyn (at a loss as to how to even respond to this type of illogical way of thinking):  No, Aimee, You are my favorite.

All of the other kids:  Hey, I thought I was your favorite!

Robyn:  You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment