Friday, October 14, 2011

Misdiagnosis

Two weeks ago.

Nate:  Mom, my teacher is sick.  She has deliria.

Robyn:  What?

Nate (slower to help her understand better):  My teacher has d e l i r i a.

Robyn:  Oh really?

Nate:  Yep.  It's pretty bad.

Robyn (to herself):  I might have "deliria" too if I had to teach 6th graders all day.  (outloud):  Well, I hope she gets better soon.

A few days later.

Nate:  My teacher is still sick.  She has malaria.

Robyn:  What?  Are you sure?

Nate:  Yep.  She has malaria.

Robyn:  Nate, I don't think your teacher has malaria.  You'd better ask again.

The next day.

Nate:  Yep.  I'm right. I asked again and it's malaria.

Robyn:  Really?  Did she go on a trip recently?

Nate:  How would I know?

Robyn:  It's just that malaria isn't common.  That's very unusual.

Nate:  Well, we need to pray that she gets better soon.  The sub is awful. He hates our class.


The following day.

Mother of another child in Nate's class:  Isn't it sad that the teacher has pneumonia?

Robyn (to herself):  Ah. There go my hopes of having a doctor in the family.  (outloud):  Oh yes, that's terrible. 


Today

Nate (somewhat agitated):  My teacher coughed so hard she cracked a rib! Now, who knows when she'll be back.  If she dies, I'm leaving Lakeview or you have to transport me to Ms. Curtis' class.  I can't stand the sub!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. I think I have deliria. I wish I could be Nate's sub. I bet he does too. :)

    ReplyDelete