Last night at dinner
Robyn: Rod, I'd like to invite my friends, Carrie and Sara, over for dinner some time.
Rod (looks over at Nate who is bent over his plate with corn sticking to his face and poking his corncob with the corn holders): Maybe we should wait until the children learn some better table manners.
Aimee: You could invite them over and Nate, Grace, and I will eat in the garage. P.S. I included myself so you wouldn't think that I was making a rude comment.
Robyn (to herself): Yes, maybe we do need to wait a bit.
Oh my goodness, here I sit in my office laughing right out loud at the children's "manners -- or lack of" remarks. Aimee, you are hilarious! I came from a family of five children-- one boy, four girls. I would have rather died of starvation than eat in the garage. People actually got lost in our garage; some were never heard of again! Once each year we cleaned it out -- oh the moaning, groaning, crying, complaining and sorry to say, yes, bad words, many bad words. I still have dreams -- more like nightmares about our garage -- hee hee! Teresa Corry
ReplyDelete