Recently at an away basketball game
Maddie (to herself): I wonder if that cute swimmer boy is here. He goes to this school. I wonder if he watches the basketball games.
She turns to pick up a cooler and bumps into someone.
Yep, you guessed it. . .
Cute Swimmer Boy (grinning): Hey, we HAVE to stop meeting like this!
Maddie (flustered): Ah, yeah.
Cute Swimmer Boy: So, how's your finger?
Maddie (still flustered): Oh. It's fine. How's your ah.. . .er. . . (trying to think fast): What do I say? I can't say "how're your abs?"--that's just too awkward! (recovering, sort of): How's your. . . um . . . bruise?
Cute Swimmer Boy: It's fine. I'd show you but it's too cold out here.
Maddie: Ya, ok. Well, I'd better go.
Cute Swimmer Boy: Ok. Bye. See you later.
Maddie: Sure.
Note: To better understand this conversation, see previous blog "Abs of Steel"
No comments:
Post a Comment